Save the Date!
May 18, 2024
Downtown Basking Ridge
12PM - 6PM
Coordinated by the Department of Parks & Recreation, Charter Day is an annual event which celebrates the history and 1760 Charter of Bernards Township and showcases community groups, businesses and talent. The event is held on the 3rd Saturday of May from 12pm – 6pm in the Downtown Basking Ridge area. Our event map and schedule of entertainment is posted in early May.
- a street fair with area businesses, school groups, non-profit organizations, local artisans and food vendors.
- entertainment including musical and dance performances, demonstrations, strolling magicians and more.
- a student art exhibit (artwork is collected through the Township's public schools).
- historical displays at the Brick Academy.
- and amusement rides and games for children of all ages.
For more information on the event contact the Parks & Recreation Department a 908-204-3003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in performing at Charter Day, please keep the following in mind:
- Most performance time slots are 20 minutes long. Groups must plan for and adhere to the time they are allotted.
- Groups are allotted 10 minutes to set up on stage prior to their performance. Groups must be prepared to set up quickly, limiting equipment and/or recruiting multiple volunteers to assist with their set up.
- Event schedules are subject to change and groups must understand that their performance time may be delayed or adjusted on the day of the event.
If you are interested in performing at an upcoming Charter Day event, send an email to email@example.com with a brief description of your group, link to your website or social media for more information and a file or link to at least one video of a past performance.
2024 Vendor Information
Submit a Vendor Interest Form now (button below) to receive an application in early 2024 for next year's event: May 18, 2024.
Applications are mailed on/about the first week of February to all prior year participants and those who have submitted a Vendor Interest Form for the current year.
Complete application packages cannot be sent or returned via email. Vendor space is limited and sells out quickly! Applications are accepted on a first come, first paid basis in accordance with residency-based registration start dates. Call 908-204-3003 with questions.