Basking Ridge, NJ
1 Collyer Lane
8:30AM - 4:30PM
Monday - Friday
1:00PM - 3:00PM
Please call prior.
- Perform the core duties of the Municipal Clerk as defined in N.J.S.A. 40A:9-133, while at all times working in the present, thinking in the future, maintaining high ethical standards and remaining impartial and apolitical in dealing with public officials and citizens.
- Act as the secretary to the municipal corporation and custodian of the municipal seal and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts, and archival records of the municipal corporation.
- Act as secretary to the governing body, prepare meeting agendas at the discretion of the governing body, be present at all meetings of the governing body, keep a journal of proceedings of every meeting, retain the original copies of all ordinances and resolutions, and record the minutes of every meeting.
- Serve as the chief administrative officer in all elections held in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Serve as the chief registrar of voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Serve as the administrative officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits, except where statute or municipal ordinance has delegated that responsibility to some other municipal officer.
- Serve as coordinator and records manager responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs as mandated pursuant to Title 47 of the Revised Statutes.
- Perform such other duties as are now or hereafter imposed by statute, regulation or by municipal ordinance or regulation.