Departments & Services
The Community Service Department's mission is to supervise and conduct labor projects
by utilizing free court appointed individuals saving Bernards Township residents' tax dollars,
thus improving the quality of life within our town. Individuals perform various projects
including furniture donation pick ups, litter/ graffiti removal and assisting non for profit
community groups by providing free labor.
Bernards Furniture Donation Program
- Living room furniture
- Bedroom furniture
- Tables and chairs for kitchen/dining room
- Small appliances (toasters, etc.)
- Kitchen utensils (pots, pans, glasses)
- Pictures, knick- knacks, lamps and other things that make a house a home.
- Yard tools
- Washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers
- Medical Items (walkers, crutches, etc.)
There is a 30 dollar furniture pick up fee per trailer load. (1 Trailer contains 396 "cubic feet" of space.)
Checks must be made payable to Bernards Township. No cash, checks only.
*PLEASE, WE WILL NOT ACCEPT BROKEN, DIRTY OR TORN ITEMS OR ITEMS BEYOND THEIR USEFUL LIFE.*
*FURNITURE PICK UPS ARE FOR BERNARDS TOWNSHIP RESIDENTS ONLY AND ARE CONDUCTED ON SATURDAYS 8 AM TO 12 NOON.
*ATTENTION REAL ESTATE AGENTS!! WE DO NOT DO WHOLE HOUSE CLEAN OUTS.
*ITEMS ARE GIVEN TO RECENLTY DOMICILED HOMELESS VETERENS AND A NON-PROFIT CHARITY CALLED FURNITURE ASSIST, INC. (www.furnitureassist.com)
Clean Up Program
- Residents are encouraged to contact this department when a littering
condition exists within the town. It will be addressed in the order
that it is received.
- Local community groups can contact this office for assistance.
- Community Service Manager Lawrence Millus, (908) 766-9748.
- The Community Service Department is located at 31 Stone House
Road, Basking Ridge, New Jersey 07920.