Boards & Commissions
Click here to view results of the 2012 Organic Lawn Care Poster Contest
The Bernards Township Environmental Commission is responsible for
insuring that environmental issues in Bernards Township are given
the right priority in order to protect and preserve natural resources
of the town and surrounding areas including: land, water,
air, and bios (flora and fauna).
The Commission accomplishes it's mission through:
- Taking proactive stances on local environmental matters, and
strengthening the local planning process;
- Coordinating rational, balanced reviews of development applications
for the appropriate township bodies;
- Increasing public awareness and understanding of local and
regional environmental issues;
- Keeping abreast of, and involvement in, as appropriate, issues
in surrounding areas and communities.
Reduce your climate impact today in Bernard's Township!
We all contribute to global warming when we do things like heat and cool our homes,
drive our cars, and fly on airplanes. Inevitably, in going about our daily lives - commuting,
sheltering our families, eating - each of us contributes to the greenhouse gas emissions
that are causing climate change. Yet, there are many things each of us, as individuals,
can do to reduce our carbon emissions.
You've probably heard of the Ecological Footprint - the metric that allows us to calculate
human pressure on the planet and come up with the CO2 emission we are contributing in our daily life.
Access the Web links for more information and complete the questions in any of the
web links and estimate how much annual carbon dioxide results from your day-to-day
activities and help us reduce the carbon emission and make a difference.
|Carol Bianchi||Twp. Committee Liaison ||12/31/2016|
|John Engdahl||Vice Chairman||12/31/2016|
Leslie Meth – Secretary, email:email@example.com
The Environmental Commission of the Township of Bernards will
meet to discuss or act upon public business at 7:00 PM on each
of the dates set forth below, in the first floor conference room
of the Municipal Building, 1 Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge, New Jersey:
- 08/08/2016 7:00 PM
- 09/12/2016 7:00 PM
- 11/14/2016 7:00 PM
- 12/12/2016 7:00 PM
Notice of revisions or additions to the above schedule will be
posted and advertised as required by law.
Current Plans and Projects of the Environmental Commission:
- Natural Resource Inventory
- Conservation Master Plan for the Upper Passaic River Riparian
- Charter Day Participation
- Review and Provide Comment on Development Applications going
before the Board of Adjustment or Planning Boards
- Participate in proposing and revising environmentally sensitive
- Special School Projects / Contests / Grants