Boards & Commissions
Agricultural Advisory Committee
WHAT BERNARDS FARMERS PROUDLY PRODUCE, GROW, RAISE AND SELL?
Peaches, Apples, Apricots, and Grapes
Tomatoes, Peppers, Hot Peppers, Honey, Asparagus, Eggs, Corn, Cucumbers, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Eggplant, Beans, Broccoli, Lettuce, Squash, Okra, Egg Plant, Zucchini, Herbs, Gourds, Indian Corn, Flowers, and Ferns
Cows, Horses, Chickens, Sheep, Goats, Pigs and Donkeys
The Committee is responsible for promoting and preserving agriculture as a viable economic activity within
Bernards Township and enabling agricultural enterprises to continue to contribute to the quality of life in the
community. The Committee makes recommendations to the Planning Board and Township Committee as to municipal land
use procedures that strengthen and sustain agriculture and advises on legislative and regulatory issues pertaining
to agriculture. It also serves as a forum for discussion of local agricultural practices and as an agent of change
for public policies that may impact farming and the preservation of farmland.
- Identify issues facing local agricultural enterprises and provide
recommendations for resolution
- Continue the sustainable use of economically viable farmland
for production through farmland preservation options
- Promote local agriculture through municipal activities
- Provide education to agricultural community to meet future
- Promote community interest in agriculturally related activities
- Foster responsible stewardship of land
- Promote communication and cooperation among farmers and the
- Communicate, educate and promote contributions made by agriculture
to the local community
The Agricultural Advisory Committee is made up of five members
and two alternate members. In addition, the Agricultural Advisory
Committee includes staff, consultants and liaisons to county and
state organizations appointed at the beginning of each year when
|Anthony McCraken Sr. ||Advisor||12/31/2016|
|Thomas S. Russo Jr.||TC Voting Member||12/31/2017|
|Tyson Mertz ||Regular||12/31/2017|
The Agricultural Advisory Committee meets on the 3rd Thursday after the 1st Monday , Quarterly.
the Bernards Township Agricultural Task Force Report & Recommendations
to the Bernards Township Committee.