October 26, 2009—7:30 PM
APPROVED, November, 23, 2009
Kelly Frankle, Recording Secretary
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
A. September 9, 2009 Meeting Minutes
Motion made by Candace Hull to accept the September 9, 2009 minutes as amended. Motion was second by John Bayeux. All in favor. Motion passed.
4. STATEMENT OF INTEREST
A. The Pool Commission members were advised to review the information and get back to Kelly Frankle with any changes and intent.
A. Director’s Report—
(1) Reserve Study Update
a) Proposal received from Suburban Consulting for $7,500 for Engineer Services to create bid specifications and review specifications for resurfacing the pool.
b) We will receive the final report from Suburban Consulting when we decide when we are resurfacing the pool.
(2) Maintenance/Facility Update
c) Grounds and Department of Public Works winterized and closed the pool the end of September.
d) Wading pool drain compliance was completed and the wading pool complies with the Virginia Graeme Baker Act. The cost for this project was $8,000.
e) Vendor who installed bathroom floors still needs to make necessary repairs.
(3) Membership/Wait List Update
a) Both the membership and gate revenue increased over 2008.
B. Finance Report
(1) Don Wadsworth gave the Pool Commission an updated financial report.
C. Manager’s Report—
(1) The buildings and facilities were closed at the pool for the season.
(2) 60-70% of the staff graduated this year so we may only have half of the current staff come back. We will be hiring new guards next year.
D. Project Team Reports
(1) Special Events
a) Would like to hire a person to coordinate and be present during all events.
7. NEW BUSINESS.
8. DISCUSSION ITEMS
A. 2010 Operating Budget and Capital Improvement Projects
(1) The Pool Commission reviewed the 2010 budget and suggested items they would like to consider for 2010.
B. Main Tank Resurfacing Recommendation
(1) The Pool Commission discussed the resurfacing of the main tank and it was recommended the best course of action was to plan for resurfacing after the 2010 season ends.
C. 2010 Membership Fees
(1) The Pool Commission discussed the pool fees but no action was taken.
9. PUBLIC COMMENT
10. COMMITTEE AND STAFF COMMENTS
A. Veronica Kohl would not like to see additional Family memberships for 2010.
Motion made by Don Wadsworth and second by John Carpenter to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 pm. All in favor, motion passed.