Minutes of the Special Meeting of the Board of Trustees
of the Bernards Township Library
August 2, 2017
1. CALL TO ORDER
President Kippy Piedici called the meeting to order at 7:31 p.m. in the Bernards Township Library Lower Level Conference Room.
2. SUNSHINE LAW REMINDER
In accordance with the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Law of 1975, notice of the meeting was posted on the bulletin board in the Reception Hall of the Municipal Building, Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge and the Bernards Township Library Public Notices bulletin board; was mailed to The Bernardsville News, Bernardsville and the Courier News, Somerville; was filed with the Township Clerk; and was posted on both the Township’s website and the Library’s website.
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
4. ROLL CALL
Present: John Carpenter, Tim Opremcak, Vivian Pagoulatos, Kippy Piedici, Zina Pozner, Scott Ross, and Cynthia Yin
Absent: Mary Jane McNally and Santosh Subramanian
Also Present: Ruth Lufkin
5. PUBLIC COMMENT
There was no public comment.
6. SPECIAL MEETING TO DISCUSS THE HVAC NOISE ABATEMENT PROJECT AND AUTHORIZE SPENDING FOR IT ABOVE THE $70,000.00 ALREADY PREVIOUSLY IDENTIFIED AS A ‘NOT TO EXCEED’ AMOUNT FOR THIS PROJECT
· MOTION 17-29 was made by Tim Opremcak and seconded by Vivian Pagoulatos to spend in the not to exceed amount of $92,405.25 from Reserve Line 7-01-LI-R01- C05 – BUILDING MAINTENANCE PROJECTS for noise and airflow abatement in Library Program Rooms. A proposal has been received from Lighton Industries, Inc. under the Middlesex Regional Educational Services Co-op #65 for demolition of existing ductwork and installation of new ductwork above the hung ceiling with new ceiling mounted diffuser along south wall and north wall, relocating return register to the storage room, provide new transfer duct/grille from space to storage room, provide humidity control for AC-1 and AC-2 to maintain proper humidity level. Install new soffit, ceiling grid and tiles and reinstall lighting. With a roll call vote, the motion passed 7-0.
· MOTION 17-30 was made by Scott Ross and seconded by Tim Opremcak to spend up to $32,000 from Reserve Line 7-01-LI-R02-003 – HULL, ROBERT – LIBRARY BEQUEST for carpet tile, shades, acoustic panels, complete spackle and paint, additional chairs and tables to complete renovation of the Program Rooms for renewed support of excellent programming. With a roll call vote, the motion passed 7-0.
· MOTION 17-31 was made by Vivian Pagoulatos and seconded by Cynthia Yin to spend up to $50,000.00 from Reserve Line 7-01-LI-R01- D20 – TECHNOLOGY SERVICES for updated audio visual technology for the Program Rooms. With a roll call vote, the motion passed 7-0.
· MOTION 17-32 was made by Zina Pozner and seconded by Tim Opremcak to adjourn the meeting at 8:02 p.m. The motion passed unanimously.
· The next meeting of the Bernards Township Library Board of Trustees is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., September 27, 2017.