Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Trustees
of the Bernards Township Library
October 28, 2015
Kippy Piedici called the meeting to order at 7:31 p.m. in the Bernards Township Library Lower Level Conference Room.
2. SUNSHINE LAW REMINDER
In accordance with the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Law of 1975, notice of the meeting was posted on the bulletin board in the Reception Hall of the Municipal Building, Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge and the Bernards Township Library Public Notices bulletin board; was mailed to The Bernardsville News, Bernardsville; was filed with the Township Clerk; and was posted on both the Township’s website and the Library’s website.
3. ROLL CALL
Present: John Carpenter, Tania McCabe, Mary Jane McNally, Tim Opremcak, Kippy Piedici, and Jonathan Vidler.
Absent: Jeanie Genirs and Lisa Marshall
Also Present: Ruth Lufkin
4. PUBLIC COMMENT
There was no public comment.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
MOTION 15-40 was made by Jonathan Vidler and seconded by Tania McCabe to approve the minutes of the September 30, 2015 meeting as written. The motion passed unanimously.
6. PRESIDENT’S REPORT
Kippy reported that Ruth was elected Vice President of the MAIN Board of Directors for 2016 and will likely assume the Presidency in 2017.
7. DIRECTOR’S REPORT
· Ruth reported that FY14 funding was closed out and $18,922.88 was moved to the Library’s reserve account.
· The Library’s 1/3 mil funding numbers are up $51,191 from last year at $2,367,776.00.
· Ruth reported that work is progressing on the rooftop kneewall renovation and shingled roof replacement projects.
· The Township Committee has passed a resolution to hire a noise engineer to investigate the growing excessive noise in the Program Room AC system and propose a solution.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. Treasurer/Finance—Jeanie Genirs
B. Friends of the Library Liaison—Lisa Marshall
Ruth reported that The Friends of the Library will meet 7:00 p.m., Monday, November 9.
C. Land and Building—Jonathan Vidler
D. Legislation & Advocacy—Mary Jane McNally
E. Personnel—Kippy Piedici
G. Strategic Plan—Kippy Piedici
H. Technology—Tim Opremcak
I. Township Committee Liaison—John Carpenter
John reported that the Township Committee is close to identifying someone to fill the vacancy on the Library Board.
9. OLD BUSINESS
Anthony Iovino of Arcari + Iovino Architects, PC made a presentation on Phase II of the Space Reorganization Project. Mr. Iovino also answered questions pertaining to the preparation of documents, funding, and project timing.
10. NEW BUSINESS
· MOTION 15-41 was made by Kippy Piedici and seconded by Tim Opremcak to adjourn the meeting at 8:50 p.m. The motion passed unanimously.
· The next meeting of the Bernards Township Library Board of Trustees is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., November 18, 2015.