Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Trustees
September 16, 2010
President Tim Opremcak called the meeting to order at 7:40 p.m. in the Bernards Township Library Lower Level Conference Room.
2. SUNSHINE LAW REMINDER
In accordance with the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Law of 1975, notice of the meeting was posted on the bulletin board in the Reception Hall of the Municipal Building, Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge and the Bernards Township Library Public Notices bulletin board; was mailed to The Bernardsville News, Bernardsville; was filed with the Township Clerk; and was posted on both the Township’s website and the Library’s website.
3. ROLL CALL
Present: Lois Bloom, Paul Bryan, Rima Khalil, Mary Jane McNally,
Absent: Scott Spitzer
Also Present: Anne Meany
4. PUBLIC COMMENT
There was no public comment
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
MOTION 10-17 was made by Lois Bloom and seconded by Leslie Workman to approve the minutes of the June 30, 2010 meeting as written. The motion carried unanimously.
6. PRESIDENT’S REPORT
7. DIRECTOR’S REPORT
· The Library Programs tally sheet shows a high level of programming activity. It is more than double the number of programs reported by a neighboring library
saga of the column repair continues. Attorney
John Bellardo sent a letter advising Mike Fratesi that he is in default of the
contract to repair the column. If the
contract is terminated, then
Meany, Rima Khalil, Lois Bloom,
· Library staff development morning is tomorrow.
· Anne reported on communications she has received from appreciative customers including the basket of books winner.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. Treasurer/Finance—Lois Bloom
Ms Bloom reported that the 2010 budget was available.
B. Friends of the Library Liaison—
The Friends’ next meeting will be Saturday, November 6, 10:00 a.m.
C. Land and Building—Rima Khalil
· Plans for the renovated bathrooms should be available mid-October.
· Carpeting throughout the Library will be cleaned on Columbus Day.
D. Legislation—Mary Jane McNally
Anne and Mary Jane attended the final meeting of the HRLC in August. Services previously received through the four regional cooperatives will be made available through a state-wide entity to be renamed in October.
Paul will focus on the website redesign project and address other parts of the planning process after that has been completed.
F. Personnel—Tim Opremcak
Leslie will have a draft Snow Policy for review in October.
The newly instituted museum passes have been popular.
I. Township Committee Liaison—Scott Spitzer
9. OLD BUSINESS
The Board adjourned to Program Room B for a presentation by Jeff Gould of Princeton Online, one of the vendors under consideration for the Library website redesign. Several Library staff members were in attendance as well. The committee will go through Princeton Online’s proposal to identify the most crucial elements and ask clarifying questions.
10. NEW BUSINESS
The Township is applying for a Direct Install Program grant through the New Jersey Office of Clean Energy. Overall cost to the Library is $136,651.25 which would be partially offset by the $50,000 grant. MOTION 10-18 was made by Paul Bryan and seconded by Leslie Workman for the library to participate in the grant application. The motion was approved unanimously.
· MOTION 10-19 was made by Lois Bloom and seconded by Rima Khalil to adjourn the meeting at 9:45 p.m. The motion carried unanimously.
· The next meeting of the Bernards Township Library Board of Trustees will be 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 27, 2010 in the Lower Level Conference Room of the Library.