Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Trustees
October 27, 2010
President Tim Opremcak called the meeting to order at 7:40 p.m. in the Bernards Township Library Lower Level Conference Room.
2. SUNSHINE LAW REMINDER
In accordance with the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Law of 1975, notice of the meeting was posted on the bulletin board in the Reception Hall of the Municipal Building, Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge and the Bernards Township Library Public Notices bulletin board; was mailed to The Bernardsville News, Bernardsville; was filed with the Township Clerk; and was posted on both the Township’s website and the Library’s website.
3. ROLL CALL
Present: Lois Bloom, Paul Bryan, Rima Khalil, Mary Jane McNally,
Absent: Scott Spitzer, Erica Studness, and Leslie Workman
Also Present: Anne Meany
4. PUBLIC COMMENT
There was no public comment
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
MOTION 10-20 was made by Lois Bloom and seconded by Rima Khalil to approve the minutes of the September 16, 2010 meeting as written. The motion carried unanimously.
6. PRESIDENT’S REPORT
Tim Opremcak reported that he, Ryan McCloskey and Anne Meany compiled questions which were presented to and answered by Princeton Online. For the November meeting, Tim will ask Princeton Online to develop a proposal that addresses our specific requirements.
7. DIRECTOR’S REPORT
· The new electronic remote-controlled wall screen has been installed in the Program Room.
· Fratesi Masonry has officially discontinued work on the column in the front of the library. Lavi, LLC will take over work on the project
· Karen Olivari reported on the Summer Reading wrap up.
· The Library had a photo display at the 50th Anniversary of Ridge High School that was part of Celebrate Bernards marking the Township’s 250th Anniversary.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. Treasurer/Finance—Lois Bloom
Ms Bloom reported that the Governor has signed A2911 which requires the return of excess library funds to the municipality. Money earmarked for capital improvements is excluded. Gifts and bequests might be covered by this law, but some points need to be clarified. NJLA will post updates on its website.
B. Friends of the Library Liaison—
The Friends’ next meeting will be Saturday, November 6, 10:00 a.m.
C. Land and Building—Rima Khalil
Rima Khalil displayed the design board assembled by Susan Globus of Globus Designs showing proposed materials for the renovated bathrooms. Ms Globus will prepare an estimate and specifications so that the job can be sent out for bid.
D. Legislation—Mary Jane McNally
Included in the Treasurer’s report.
F. Personnel—Tim Opremcak
Leisure Learning continues to be successful.
I. Township Committee Liaison—Scott Spitzer
9. OLD BUSINESS
There was no Old Business.
10. NEW BUSINESS
MOTION 10-21 was made by Mary Jane McNally and seconded by Tracy Redling to adopt the proposed 2011 Holiday schedule. The motion carried unanimously.
· MOTION 10-22 was made by Lois Bloom and seconded by Rima Khalil to adjourn the meeting at 8:45 p.m. The motion carried unanimously.
· The next meeting of the Bernards Township Library Board of Trustees will be 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, November 17, 2010 in the Lower Level Conference Room of the Library.