Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Trustees
May 26, 2010
President Tim Opremcak called the meeting to order at 7:35 p.m. in the Bernards Township Library Lower Level Conference Room
2. SUNSHINE LAW REMINDER
In accordance with the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Law of 1975, notice of the meeting was posted on the bulletin board in the Reception Hall of the Municipal Building, Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge and the Bernards Township Library Public Notices bulletin board; was mailed to The Bernardsville News, Bernardsville; was filed with the Township Clerk; and was posted on both the Township’s website and the Library’s website.
3. ROLL CALL
Present: Lois Bloom, Paul Bryan, Rima Khalil, Mary Jane McNally,
Absent: Scott Spitzer
4. PUBLIC COMMENT
There was no public comment
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
MOTION 10-11 was made by Rima Khalil and seconded by Paul Bryan to approve the minutes of the April 28, 2010 meeting as written. The motion carried unanimously.
6. PRESIDENT’S REPORT
Included in Committee Reports
7. DIRECTOR’S REPORT
· The balance of the bequest from Dr. Hull’s estate is on hold pending sale of the property.
· Architect Philip Kennedy-Grant submitted a sketch showing his ideas regarding the re-purposing of the former periodical room. He confirmed that a glass wall will be feasible.
· Museum passes will be available for circulation by the next Board meeting. Specific circulation terms will depend on each museum’s policy.
attended the Book Expo in the
· Fratesi Masonry and General Contracting submitted the low and winning quote on the front column replacement. Work will start within a few weeks if weather permits.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. Treasurer/Finance—Lois Bloom
Ms Bloom reported that the 2010 budget has been released and will probably be finalized soon.
Lois presented possible broad categories for use of bequests and reserve funds. She also asked the Board to consider a resolution establishing a capital expense plan and reserving funds. The resolution will be presented for a vote next month.
B. Friends of the Library Liaison—
The Friends had a presence at Charter Day, Saturday, May 15. Thanks go to Sandy Salvo for her efforts setting up the display and scheduling coverage.
C. Land and Building—Rima Khalil
Ms Khalil will meet with Suzan Globus of Globus Design Associates to discuss plans for the bathroom renovation.
D. Legislation—Mary Jane McNally
Ms McNally elaborated on the threats to library service that
would come from the proposed budget cuts.
Both Mary Jane and
Paul Bryan and
F. Personnel—Tim Opremcak
Leisure Learning, as popular as ever, has ended for the season. The Film Series and Friday Night Opera Series have been well-attended also.
I. Township Committee Liaison—Scott Spitzer
9. OLD BUSINESS
There was no Old Business
10. NEW BUSINESS
There was no New Business
MOTION 10-12 was made by Lois Bloom and seconded
· The next meeting of the Bernards Township Library Board of Trustees will be 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 30, 2010 in the Lower Level Conference Room of the Library