Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Trustees
September 16, 2009
2. SUNSHINE LAW REMINDER
In accordance with the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Law of 1975, notice of the meeting was posted on the bulletin board in the Reception Hall of the Municipal Building, Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge and the Bernards Township Library Public Notices bulletin board; was mailed to The Bernardsville News, Bernardsville; was filed with the Township Clerk; and was posted on both the Township’s website and the Library’s website.
3. ROLL CALL
Present: Lois Bloom, Joan Graff, Rima Khalil, Mary Jane McNally, and Tim Opremcak
Absent: Paul Bryan,
4. PUBLIC COMMENT
There were no members of the public present.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
MOTION 09-16 was made by Tim Opremcak and seconded by Rima Khalil to approve the minutes of the June 10, 2009 meeting as written. The motion carried unanimously.
6. PRESIDENT’S REPORT
7. DIRECTOR’S REPORT
· Ms Meany reported on the process of obtaining an estimate for replacing the damaged column in front of the library.
· Paul Bryan has met over the summer with small groups of library staff to work on developing a long range plan.
· The architect is coming Tuesday to continue work on transforming the former periodical room into a computer use area. Water damage to books housed in that area will be covered by insurance.
· Anne shared a letter from Jen Armstrong of the Parks and Recreation Department complimenting library staff who worked at township day camps this summer.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
The general repair fund is healthy. Other accounts are tracking as expected.
B. Friends of the Library Liaison—Tracy Redling
Anne reported that the next Friends meeting will be early in November.
C. Land and Building—Rima Khalil
The new light in the parking lot needs to be adjusted so that it doesn’t bother the neighbors.
D. Legislation—Mary Jane McNally
Included in Director’s report
F. Personnel—Joan Graff
H. Programming—Joan Graff.
9. OLD BUSINESS
There was no Old Business.
10. NEW BUSINESS
There was no New Business
MOTION 09-17 was made by Lois Bloom and seconded by Rima Khalil to enter into closed session to discuss personnel and legal matters at 8:00 pm. The Board returned to public session at 8:14
· MOTION 09-18 was made by Mary Jane McNally and seconded by Lois Bloom to adjourn the meeting at 8:15 p.m. The motion carried unanimously.
· The next meeting of the Bernards Township Library Board of Trustees will be 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 14, 2009 in the Lower Level Conference Room of the Library.