Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Trustees
November 11, 2009
2. SUNSHINE LAW REMINDER
In accordance with the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Law of 1975, notice of the meeting was posted on the bulletin board in the Reception Hall of the Municipal Building, Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge and the Bernards Township Library Public Notices bulletin board; was mailed to The Bernardsville News, Bernardsville; was filed with the Township Clerk; and was posted on both the Township’s website and the Library’s website.
3. ROLL CALL
Present: Paul Bryan, Joan Graff, Rima Khalil, Mary Jane McNally, Tim Opremcak, Tracy Redling, and Marie Schelfaut
Absent: Lois Bloom
4. PUBLIC COMMENT
There were no members of the public present.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
MOTION 09-22 was made by Tracy Redling and seconded by Rima Khalil to approve the minutes of the October 14, 2009 meeting as written. The motion carried unanimously.
6. PRESIDENT’S REPORT
· The Board agreed to add Sunday, December 26 to the library’s 2010 holiday schedule.
· The design of the column in front of the building has not been completed, but Jonathan Green will cover the column to prevent further deterioration.
7. DIRECTOR’S REPORT
· At the recent Department Head meeting Anne learned of the requirement for Board members and volunteers as well as staff to have anti-harassment training.
· As a result of the lawsuit brought by the woman who fell in the library parking lot as she was leaving an AAUW meeting, groups using the library will have to complete a hold harmless form.
· Comments by library patrons completing the Township’s Customer Service Survey were extremely complimentary.
MOTION 09-23 was made by
· Circulation figures are up again this month.
· Anne and Mary Jane attended the MUF meeting in New Providence Public Library October 29, 2009.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
A. Treasurer/Finance—Lois Bloom
Ms Meany called the Board’s attention to the printed budget report. All appears to be on track.
B. Friends of the Library Liaison—Marie Schelfaut
Marie and Carolyn Kelly attended the Friends November meeting. This year, Annual Fund drive solicitations were mailed only to previous donors.
C. Land and Building—Rima Khalil
The architect’s plan should be available next month for approval.
D. Legislation—Mary Jane McNally
The focus of planning will be marketing and the use of technology to increase virtual access. The topic of a capital reserve plan will wait.
F. Personnel—Joan Graff
Ms Schelfaut is starting to look at the policy book and determine which policies need updating and revising.
H. Programming—Joan Graff.
I. Township Committee Liaison—Carolyn Kelly
9. OLD BUSINESS
There was no Old Business.
10. NEW BUSINESS
There was no New Business
· MOTION 09-24 was made by Tim Opremcak and seconded by Tracy Redling to adjourn the meeting at 8:30 p.m. The motion carried unanimously.
· The next meeting of the Bernards Township Library Board of Trustees will be 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, December 16, 2009 in the Lower Level Conference Room of the Library.