Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Trustees
February 25, 2009
2. SUNSHINE LAW REMINDER
In accordance with the requirements of the Open Public Meetings Law of 1975, notice of the meeting was posted on the bulletin board in the Reception Hall of the Municipal Building, Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge and the Bernards Township Library Public Notices bulletin board; was mailed to The Bernardsville News, Bernardsville; was filed with the Township Clerk; and was posted on both the Township’s website and the Library’s website.
3. ROLL CALL
4. PUBLIC COMMENT
There were no members of the public.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
MOTION 09-01 was made by Lois Bloom and seconded by Rima Khalil to approve the minutes of the December 17, 2008 meeting as written. The motion carried unanimously.
6. PRESIDENT’S REPORT
Ms Graff welcomed two new members to the Library Board. Paul Bryan is completing the unfinished term
of Wilma Harner and Mayor
· The 2009 budget has not been approved yet, but will be in line with the state’s minimum funding formula.
The Library Board’s Nominating Committee composed of
Mary Jane McNally, Tracy
Redling, and Marie Schelfaut proposed the following slate of officers for the 2009 Board: President,
7. DIRECTOR’S REPORT
Ms Meany explained the Library’s relationship with the
Morris Automated Information Network (M.A.I.N., Inc) and the need to pass a
periodic membership agreement. MOTION
09-03 was made by
· Anne reported that the Library was the beneficiary of two bequests.
· Anita Berg retired for the second time.
· Library use continues to grow. The January circulation figure is up from 2008.
8. COMMITTEE REPORTS
o The 2009 budget is estimated to be approximately $2,400,000.
o Because of cost savings there is approximately $750,000 in the Library’s reserve account.
o Ms Bloom recommended the Library’s long-range plan should include how to handle reserve funds.
B. Friends of the Library Liaison—
The Board agreed to share responsibilities for attending Friends’ meetings. Anne will circulate a schedule of meeting dates. The next meeting is in May.
C. Land and Building—Rima Khalil
o The roof appears to be sound. There was a small leak, but it was from an overflow to a boiler. The boiler has been repaired.
o The cleaning service will clean the bathrooms six days a week for an additional charge.
D. Legislation—Mary Jane McNally
Currently, there is a movement in
Included in the Director’s report
H. Technology—Mary Jane McNally
This committee will be disbanded.
9. OLD BUSINESS
· The Board will arrange to take former Board member Wilma Harner to dinner to thank her for her service.
· Paul Bryan will do the groundwork to establish the scope of a long range planning committee.
10. NEW BUSINESS
MOTION 09-05 to revise the calendar of Board meeting dates passed unanimously.
MOTION 09-06 was made by
· The next meeting of the Bernards Township Library Board of Trustees will be 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 11, 2009 in the Lower Level Program Room A of the Library.