BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
Bernards Township Library
Conference Room - 7:30 P.M.
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
1. Call to order
2. Sunshine Law Reminder
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comment
5. Minutes of the March 3, 2014 meeting
6. President’s Report
7. Director’s Report
- Motion to allow the sale of books at the June 17, 2014 booksigning by author
Dr. Kalyan Ray
8. Committee Reports
- Treasurer/Finance – Leslie Workman
– Motion to approve change order for HVAC controls contract
- Friends Liaison – Lisa Marshall
- Land & Building – Jonathan Vidler
- Legislation & Advocacy – Mary Jane McNally
- Personnel – Tim Opremcak
- Policy – Eileen Walsh
- Strategic Plan – Tim Opremcak
– Marketing & Partnerships – Kippy Piedici
· Adoption of Marketing Plan
– Space Assessment – Jonathan Vidler
· Proposed phasing and budget
- Township Committee Liaison – John Carpenter
- Technology – Mary Jane McNally
9. Old Business
10. New Business
- Proposed Bylaws Amendment:
Whereas the Board of Trustees of the Bernards Township Library has adopted bylaws
And it has been discovered that (Article II - Membership and Officers, Section 4) of the bylaws is inconsistent with Bernards Township Ordinance Section 2-19.4 Officers; Term.
Therefore now be it resolved that the Bernards Township Library bylaws Article II - Membership and Officers, Section 4 are amended to be consistent with the ordinance, removing the sentence "The president may not serve more than three consecutive years."
And now therefore be it further resolved that the slate of officers nominated and elected at the January 29, 2014 meeting of the Board of Trustees are hereby confirmed.
Next meeting is Wednesday, April 30, 2014.
7:30 P.M. Lower Level Conference Room
PLEASE ADVISE IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND BY CALLING RUTH LUFKIN AT 908-204-3031 EXT. 122