Departments & Services
The Office of Emergency Management consists of an OEM Coordinator and a Deputy Coordinator. These positions are held by Bernards Township Police Officers Mike Shimsky and Chris Hurst respectively. Over the past several years, the Office of Emergency Management has met Federal and State requirements pertaining to Emergency Management.
- Design an exercise to test the effectiveness of the Emergency
Operation Plan. Participate in the exercise with other township
emergency services personnel.
- Seek additional training in areas of emergency preparedness;
- Hold at least two L.E.P.C. meetings;
- Review the Alert Warning Annex and make the necessary changes to improve
the Township's capabilities to alert township residents of an emergency;
- Work directly with Counter-Terrorism Officer to develop and coordinate
response plans to Terrorist threats/WMD incidents;
- Improve/enhance radiological response capabilities through continued
training of Radiological Officer and procure of radiological detection
- Work with Counter-Terrorism Officer to continue to develop response plans
that address current threat environment.