Departments & Services
Youth Programs are for Bernards Township Residents only, unless otherwise specified.
CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
Summer Basketball Camps
- Participants, Grades K-9, Enjoy this fun outdoor co-ed basketball camp where new skills and fundamentals are taught to all participants!
- Participants, Grades 1-5, Daily vocal, acting, and dance lessons will be enhanced by fun theatre games and activities.
Sunflower Growing Contest
- Participants, 4-15 years old, Grow a sunflower in your backyard and track the progress. Winners will be chosen in late September!
- A week of fun filled activities for children of all ages. Youth week coincides with the Bernards Township Board of Education's spring break schedule.
Family Fun Night
- Free Admission! Our summer recreation program staff will be providing an evening of family fun including relays, an interactive DJ, and carnival games, topped off with an outdoor movie.
Labor Day Bicycle Races
- Children, ages 3-15, will participate in bicycle sprints on South Finley Avenue. Pre-registration is REQUIRED!
- Fun and ghoulish activities scheduled immediately following Safe Trick or Treating at 1:00 P.M. at the Oak Street School field on Henry Street.
- The annual Holiday Workshop promises children loads of holiday fun with entertainment and crafts.
Little Hoops Basketball Clinic
- Co-ed, for Kindergarten – 3rd grade. All children will learn the fundamentals of basketball and participate in a scrimmage at the end of each session.
Ant & Floor Hockey
- Indoor floor hockey for children in grades K-5. Sessions offered in fall and spring.
For girls in grades K-9. A recreational softball league where basic skills and fundamentals are taught.
- Girls, grades 3-8, will learn the basic skills and fundamentals of field hockey.
- for Grades 3rd – 4th
for Grades 5th – 8th
Participants, grades 3 – 8, will enjoy a recreational, non-competitive league, where the basic skills and fundamentals are taught and no league standings are kept.
Teen Open Gym
- Participants, grades 9-12, will enjoy pick-up games of basketball.
Summer Recreation Program
- Parent Manual
Participants, entering grades K-5, enjoy a six week, half day summer program filled with sports, crafts and entertainment .
Summer Trip Camp
- Participants, entering grades 6-10, enjoy a great line-up of exciting trips.
For a listing of area Sports and Community Contacts, please
click here to be redirected to the Parks & Recreation Homepage. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the listing.