Departments & Services
- Welcome to the home page of the Human Resources Department. At
one time we would have been known as "Personnel". Today, in an
effort to recognize that our employees are our greatest assets,
this function has become known as "Human Resources".
- Most people think of staffing and employment activities when they think
of H/R, but this department is responsible for many other functions. Not
only do we recruit for open positions but we also handle the following information:
- Policies and Procedures relating to Human Resources
- Benefits Programs
- Compensation Administration
- Labor Relations and Negotiations
- Labor Law including the FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc.
- Employee Evaluations - Performance Management
- Job Descriptions
- Training & Development
- We provide research and information to the Township Committee and the
Township Administrator with regard to compensation analysis, departmental
analysis, policy with regard to legislation and we also assist
our employees whenever they have a question or need information or clarification
on benefits or Human Resource issues.
The mission of the Human Resource Department
is to support the goals and challenges of Bernards Township by
providing services which promote a work environment characterized by
fair treatment of staff, open communications, personal accountability,
trust and mutual respect. We will seek and provide solutions to workplace
issues that support and optimize the operating principles of the Township.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q:Where can I find jobs available
in the township?
- A:With regard to recruitment, all
of our open positions are posted under
"Quick Links >> Employment" of this Website. We also post openings on
Township bulletin boards and Local Access television Channel
15. When advertising, we utilize the Bernardsville News, The Courier
News, The Star Ledger, or a specific professional or trade
publication as would be appropriate to the open position.
If you are interested in applying for one of our open positions,,
you can obtain an Application
You can also pick one up at Town Hall, One Collyer Lane, from the
Information Desk in the Clerk's office. If you wish to submit a
resume, you may do so by sending it to email@example.com.
Please state the position that you are applying for in your subject
line. You may also submit your resume or Application Form by mail
or fax as follows:
One Collyer Lane
||Human Resources Officer
||Human Resources Generalist
||Assistant to the Municipal Clerk