Departments & Services
The Engineering Services Building is located at 277 So. Maple Avenue, Basking Ridge.
Hours: Monday through Friday –
Engineering 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Planning/Zoning 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Zoning Officer 7 AM to 3:30 PM
The Engineering Services Department oversees the Engineering, Planning, Zoning, Fire Prevention Bureau and
Construction Code Departments. This department also administers the Planning Board and Board of Adjustment.
Close coordination is also maintained with the Agricultural Task Force, Community Service, Environmental
Commission, Shade Tree Commission, and other Township Departments.
The Engineering Department administers all land use and construction work in the Township. The land use
reviews range from an individual resident's zoning concern to the review of large-scale residential and
commercial projects. The site inspection staff reviews all development and Township construction. The
Engineering staff provides in-house designs for road maintenance, drainage, and bikeway/sidewalk programs.
The Department also assists the Board of Education with some of their construction needs. Township tax and
GIS data maps are also maintained by Engineering Department personnel.
Engineering Department 2015 Completed Projects
The Department completed the engineering design and construction project management
for resurfacing 4.3 miles of Township roads during 2015. The roads included:
- Conkling Street and Conkling Street Extension
- Winding Lane and Grove Road
- Archgate Road, Addison Drive, Oxbow Lane, and Warwick Lane
- Kensington Road
- Independence Drive and Devon Court
- Liberty Ridge Road
- Huntington Road and Bridalwood Court
- Hamilton Road
- The Bernards Township Municipal parking lot at Lyons Train Station was resurfaced with additional drainage improvements.
On all projects listed above:
- Sidewalks were repaired and ADA compliant curb ramps were constructed
- Stormwater inlet and curbing repairs were completed
- Traffic control devices were replaced as needed
- In addition to the above capital infrastructure improvements, the Bernards Township Engineering
Department provided engineering site design and construction management services to the Parks and Recreation
Department for the synthetic turf conversion of Mountain Park's multipurpose fields 3 and 4. The project
provides a new synthetic turf playing surface for football, soccer, and lacrosse with new accessory features including new soccer goals,
football goal posts, lacrosse netting, and perimeter fencing around the new fields.
- The Engineering Department was awarded a grant from the New Jersey Department of Transportation for partial funding of the
resurfacing of Annin Road and Canterbury Drive, scheduled for construction in 2016
Thank you for visiting our website. Please contact us whenever an issue is important
to you. The Township Committee and Administrator depend on your thoughts and comments,
to ensure that at all times our service offerings are community driven.