Departments & Services
The Engineering Services Building is located at 277 So. Maple Avenue, Basking Ridge.
Hours: Monday through Friday –
Engineering 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Planning/Zoning 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Zoning Officer 7 AM to 3:30 PM
The Engineering Services Department oversees the Engineering, Planning, Zoning,
Fire Prevention Bureau and Construction Code Departments. This department also administers
the Planning Board and Board of Adjustment. Close coordination is also maintained
with the Agricultural Task Force, Community Service, Environmental Commission, Shade
Tree Commission, and other Township Departments.
The Engineering Department administers all land use and construction work in the
Township. The land use reviews range from an individual resident's zoning concern
to the review of large-scale residential and commercial projects. The site inspection
staff reviews all development and Township construction. The Engineering staff provides
in-house designs for road maintenance, drainage, and bikeway/sidewalk programs.
The Department also assists the Board of Education with some of their construction
needs. Township tax and GIS data maps are also maintained by Engineering Department
Engineering Department 2013 Completed Projects
- The Department paved 4.2 miles of Township roads during 2013. The roads included:
- The Hills: Cobble Lane, Hartley Lane, Beacon Crest Drive, and Doggett Court
- Mine Brook Road (Church Street [CR-512] to north of Old Coach Road)
- Knollcroft Road (Lyons Road [CR-640] to the VA)
- Linden Drive (Lyons Road [CR-640] to south of Dryden Road)
- Dawn Drive
- Tamarisk Court
- Homestead Road
- Peachtree Road (Winding Lane to Cedar Hill School)
- Pond Hill Road
- realigned at the highest crest of the road and at Thackeray Drive
- Madisonville Road (State Route 202 to North Maple Avenue)
- Pond Hill Road and Madisonville Road were completed with the assistance of a $205,000 grant obtained through the
NJDOT Local Aid Program.
- ADA compliant curb ramps were constructed on all roads listed above with preexisting sidewalk.
- Approximately 40,400 square feet of deteriorated asphalt and concrete sidewalks were replaced on:
- Vanderveer Drive
- Spring Valley Boulevard
- Galloping Hill Road
- Gold Boulevard and Atlas Road
- Addison Drive, Archgate Road, Manor Drive, Oxbow Lane, Penwood Road, and Warwick Lane
- Lyons Road
- South Maple Avenue
- Stormwater inlet repairs were completed in various locations throughout the Township.
Thank you for visiting our website. Please contact us whenever an issue is important
to you. The Township Committee and Administrator depend on your thoughts and comments,
to ensure that at all times our service offerings are community driven.