Departments & Services
The Engineering Services Building is located at 277 So. Maple Avenue, Basking Ridge.
Hours: Monday through Friday –
Engineering 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Planning/Zoning 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Zoning Officer 7 AM to 3:30 PM
The Engineering Services Department oversees the Engineering, Planning, Zoning, Fire Prevention Bureau and
Construction Code Departments. This department also administers the Planning Board and Board of Adjustment.
Close coordination is also maintained with the Agricultural Task Force, Community Service, Environmental Commission,
Shade Tree Commission, and other Township Departments.
The Engineering Department administers all land use and construction work in the Township. The land use reviews
range from an individual resident's zoning concern to the review of large-scale residential and commercial projects.
The site inspection staff reviews all development and Township construction. The Engineering staff provides in-house designs
for road maintenance, drainage, and bikeway/sidewalk programs. The Department also assists the Board of Education with some
of their construction needs. Township tax and GIS data maps are also maintained by Engineering Department personnel.
Engineering Department 2012 Completed and Forthcoming Projects
- The Department paved four miles of Township roads during summer 2012. The roads included:
- Apple Tree Lane, Cherry Lane, Fieldview Drive, and Wildwood Drive
- Brookside Avenue, Cottage Avenue, Glen Avenue, Stonybrook Road, and Tysley Street
- East Oak Street and Homeland Avenue
- Juniper Way (from South Maple Avenue to Manchester Drive) and Tanglewood Lane
- Haas Road
- Collyer Lane (funding obtained through the NJDOT Local Aid Program)
- The Engineering Department designed and administered construction of the improvements to Tennis Courts 4-6 at Pleasant Valley Park and the hockey rink at Dunham Park.
- The Department also assisted the Board of Education with design and construction documents for school site improvements. Site improvements were completed at Liberty Corner School, including the replacement of curb, sidewalks, and retaining walls. Drainage improvements were completed at Cedar Hill School and William Annin School.
- In Spring 2013, approximately 40,400 square feet of deteriorated asphalt and concrete sidewalks will be replaced. Stormwater inlet repairs will also be completed in locations throughout the Township.
Thank you for visiting our website. Please contact us whenever
an issue is important to you. The Township Committee and Administrator
depend on your thoughts and comments, to ensure that at all times
our service offerings are community driven.