Resident Prescription Savings Plan Program
The leadership of Bernards Township recognizes that the price
of prescription drugs is of major concern not only to our senior
citizens, but also to residents of all ages, especially those without
jobs or with limited incomes. Although it is beyond their
ability to legislate change in this area, to ease the burden on
residents they have approved the Bernards Township Resident Prescription
Savings program. The Prescription Savings Card that accompanies
this program will provide Bernards Township residents and their
dependents (living in the same household) a discount of 10% to
50% off retail prices on all prescription drugs. All that's required
is a completed application form, proof of residency and an annual
fee of $20 per household ($40 for three years).
The Bernards Township Resident Prescription Savings Card is accepted
at thousands of participating pharmacies, both local and nationwide.
This program is designed to provide savings of up to 10% to 50% off
regular retail price prescriptions:
- There are no age restrictions;
- There are no income restrictions, and no exclusions for pre-existing
- There are no quantity limitations;
- There are no limits on the number of prescriptions filled or
- There are no forms to fill out.
All brand name and generic drugs that require a prescription are included.
This also includes diabetic supplies.
Using your card is easy; just present your GSPOPS card to your
pharmacy along with your prescriptions to be filled. Your pharmacy
will notify you of your discounted price and you will pay that price.
Please note that if you already have a prescription card, you may
also sign up for GSPOPS, but you may only use one or the other card
for the prescription you are picking up at that time. You cannot
use both of your prescription cards for the same prescriptions.
It is possible that you may find one drug to be cheaper using the
prescription plan that you already have, but for the next prescription,
realize a better saving with GSPOPS.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q:What is the Bernards Township Resident Prescription
- A:A program designed to provide Bernards Township residents
with savings of up to 10% to 50% off retail prices on prescription medications.
- Q:Are there other restrictions?
- A:No income requirements, and no exclusions for pre-existing
- Q:Is this insurance?
- A:The program is not a managed care program, nor a supplemental
- Q:Why should I apply for this program?
- A:For a small annual fee, you receive a Bernards Township
Residents Prescription Savings Card providing special discounted pricing
on prescription medications for all members of your household.
- Q:What limitations apply to the Prescriptions Savings
- A:There are no quantity limits, receive as much medication
as prescribed, no limits on the number of prescriptions filled or refilled,
no deductibles to meet and no forms to fill out.
- Q:Do I have to change medications in order to receive
- A:No. All brand name and generic drugs that require
a prescription are included; there are no exclusions.
- Q:Do I have to mail my prescriptions in
order to receive my savings?
- A:No. Your Prescription Savings Card is
accepted throughout an extensive network of participating chain
and independent pharmacies in New Jersey and nationwide. Mail-order
services are available.
- Q:How do I use the Prescription Savings
- A:Present your Prescription Savings Card
to your pharmacy along with your prescriptions to be billed,
and your pharmacy will notify you of your special discounted
- Q:How do I apply?
- A:Complete the application and attach required
proof of residency along with the membership fee and mail:
GSPO Provider Services Corporation
44 West Taylor Avenue
Hamilton, NJ 08610
Thomas A. Viola, R.Ph.
Toll-Free Customer Service: